Monday, July 23, 2018

Review: Game Suggestions

I've been playing (way too many) some adult fantasy games lately, and I've decided to share them here in case you haven't played them.  This list is by no means exhaustive, and I'll be adding to it ver time.

These games are available in english and can be downloaded for free, though I won't be posting any links.  If you have trouble finding them send me an email and I'll help you out.  Also, I tend to prefer female protagonist games...if you (the collective you) would prefer to see more male protagonist games, leave a comment and I'll be sure to include some as I go along.


The Adventures of Tara: In this game, you play as Tara, a young elf beginning her last year at magic school.  The collective hopes and dreams of her parents and village rest on her shoulders, so she absolutely has to graduate so she can take up the life of her sorcerer.

Unfortunately, Tara is a bit of a bitch, and after being mean to too many people one of the evaluators at the school places a curse on her that makes her overwhelmingly horny whenever she is mean to someone.  Along the way, another student finds out about the curse and uses it to blackmail her.

Tara has to walk a fine line between keeping up with her coursework while studying the curse to try and lift its effects.  It's a fun game, and many of the scenes are sexy, though the controls are a little clunky at times and the game can run slowly.  My biggest complaint is that the variables in the game are pretty opaque.  I have no idea what triggers some scenes, and if it weren't for the fact that the version I have has a 100% save I wouldn't have seen most of it.

Still, it's good for a playthrough or two and I highly suggest checking it out!


Sword Princess Cistina:  Originally made in Japanese, it was recently translated into English.  This game features Cistina, a young noble/princess who abandoned her royal duties to become an adventurer.  Unfortunately, she is betrayed and sold into slavery.  After escaping, she takes up the struggle against the evil slavers.

 It's a smallish game, though still with several hours of gameplay to it.  The biggest appeal is actually the gameplay, which proceeds smoothly and keeps you going.  There are many sex scenes to be had though, with a heavy theme of degradation for Cistina.  My biggest complaint is that while there is a lewdness mechanic, it doesn't gate anything, just changes the flavor of the scenes.  So your otherwise prudish princess can jump right into being a whore without too much thought.  However, the most people you have sex with the more lewd she becomes in the scenes.

The scenes can be a little repetitive though, but you can skip over them when you get tired of them and until you get to the next level of depravity.  It's fun, but like I said the story is really the biggest draw for me, but the added sex kink is the icing on the cake.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Sword Princess Cristina, but I should definitely check out Adventures of Tara. Have you played Makina and the City of Ruins? It's similar to Cristina, but with much better art I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah I just finished Makina yesterday, actually! I enjoyed it a lot as well! Though I think I liked Cistina better as a character than Makina. Makina had the super helpful CG Room with the hints on unlocking all the scenes though, so that was great.

      Delete
  2. Oh, if you really liked Cistina, you should also check out Treasure Hunter Mai by the same folks. It's also been translated (and oh god does that make it easier to play).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I liked Virgin Island, which is similar, and I just tried Treasure Hunter Claire, but am having trouble getting into it. I'll take a look at Treasure Hunter Mai!

      Delete
  3. Have you ever heard of Roundscape adorevia?

    I was playing that around ~7 months ago and thought that it might be up your alley, so to speak. You can chose to be a male or female protagonist and there is a lot of sex scenes in it, and there were quite a few orc scenes if I remember correctly.

    You can find it over on F95zone or on Patreon.

    Also, if you haven't heard of Kingdom of Deception... I highly, highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seconding KoD.

      Delete
    2. I liked KoD a lot, I just wished it was being developed faster! Have you played Noxian Nights by the same creator? It was a lot of fun, plus it's complete :)

      Delete