Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Writing Updates

So last week was a disaster. It was supposed to be my big week to get a lot of work done, but in reality I got nothing done. Now as I enter the new year I'm torn between continuing to focus on Captain Lochley until she's done, at least through to the bad endings if not the finishing touches, or getting to work on Agmar. I am leaning towards finishing Lochley. I've already started some work on Agmar, so I won't be falling too far behind. On top of all that, I'm thinking of writing a short story for the Naked Blades January contest starring Augras (the son of Lyriena and Trogar). So alas, I've got a lot on my plate. Hopefully I'll get some good work done today though, since I have the time. Sorry for not updating more! I've been super busy! Edit: I did finish the morning of day 4 and wrote 1000 words of an Augras short story, about 800 words of which will also serve as the prologue to Triumph.

11 comments:

  1. TL;DR Version: Do whatever you think is right for you. I like your Augras short story idea.

    Long Version: I think, do whatever you think is right for you.

    In my opinion, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to deliver something, so long as what you do deliver is done well. At the end of the day, when people have finally read that latest chapter they tend to forget about how long it took you to deliver it, they only care about reading the next, latest chapter, which might give you unnecessary pressure to finish the next one.

    I also like your idea for the Augras short story. I like reading about new characters what can I say, and through it (If you ever get around to writing it) We should get that glimpse into a larger world, a glimpse into one of many of the characters for what you have planned with your new Orc Dominion story, the one after the Agmar chapters.

    I cannot wait to embark on the great journey that is reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, Lyssara too. I am beginning to despair on Lyssara: Chained by the Minotaurs. I don't think I am going to like the final product, which will probably mean it is one of the most popular stories. That is usually how it goes :)

      Delete
    2. Heh, it's funny how that goes.

      Delete
  3. Please finish so captain lochley. It is a brilliant story and the writing is so awesome that you don't need the pics. Thanks. Love your work this far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm not interested in any continuations of your Orc Dominion stories, what with the shit show that was your last foray into it. I'm more interested in stories from that setting that have absolutely nothing to do with Trogar, like stories about Jeanette and her sons and the depravity they get up to. I'm also not enthused about Triumph, considering that apparently the main vehicle for the princess knight's downfall is feud ex machina dreams.

    I would like to see more works from other series, like the one about your adventurer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure would love to comply with your every demand. I'm they're obviously writing all this really awesome content for free just so you'll be happy. God forbid you show some courtesy.

      Delete
  5. -Emma here.

    Do what is fun for you and feel free to go to other stories when inspiration or good ideas strike you. I personally want to see the completed version of Capt Lochley, but mostly because its nice to see a sci-fi piece because its a change of scenery over the fantasy pieces. However I look forward to your new stories and series as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Emma completely.

      Delete
    2. Ahh, what the hell... Group Hug!

      I agree with you both. :P

      Delete